What is the best way to prevent serious oral health issues? Come to our North Ogden office for a comprehensive dental cleaning to ensure your oral health is in check. Regular dental cleanings will scan for issues related to gum disease and oral decay.
Our Dental Cleanings
When you come in for an oral cleaning, we will perform the following:
- Diagnostic x-rays: These x-rays are vital to help the dentist’s identify cavities, tumors, cysts, bone loss, and other issues with your oral health. X-rays are helpful when identifying root positions and tooth positions.
- Oral cancer screenings: We will examine your lips, neck, face, tongue, throat, gums, and tissues for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Our staff will check the gums and bones around the teeth for signs of bone loss.
- Tooth decay identification: Each dental cleaning will involved examining the teeth for signs of tooth decay.
- Examine existing dental work: Patients undergoing treatments or previous treatments will receive examinations to check for loose fillings, gum disease concerns, and identifying problems with crowns.
What to Expect
When a patient comes in for a dental cleaning, they will meet with a dental hygienist to remove the tartar from the teeth. Hardened plaque needs to be removed from the tooth before it causes a cavity. The plaque can infect the gums, leading to pain and other serious problems with your oral health. The plaque needs to be removed before it starts to cause gum disease.
Upon removal of plaque, we will polish your teeth and scale your teeth to check for signs of bone loss. If you suffer from dental anxiety, let our dental assistants know as we do provide nitrious oxide for patients with dental anxiety. For more information about our dental cleanings, contact Ben Lomond Dental in North Ogden today!
Schedule An Appointment
Our team consists of dedicated individuals who are kind, friendly, and caring. Our staff is here to ensure a pleasant experience during your visit to our office. We look forward to welcoming you to our dental family.